Recce Team Prepare For Their Epic Ride On Nelson Mandela Day
Mark Lawson from CycleTheCape.com and his team of hardcore cyclists will hit the road starting on Nelson Mandela Day, Friday 18 July. A five strong team, Mark Lawson, Ian Privett, Kurt Stemmert, Shanel Munger and Brian Joul cycle 2830kms following the fibre optic route collecting data, photos and video footage for all our marketing material that we need for the ride in September.
A shorter, stronger ride, they will clock the following distances.
- Day 01 - Jul 18, 2019 - 130km Suikerbosrand to Standerton
- Day 02 - Jul 19, 2019 - 200km Standerton to eMkhondo (Piet Retief)
- Day 03 - Jul 20, 2019 - 233km eMkhondo (Piet Retief) to Ulundhi
- Day 04 - Jul 21, 2019 - 270km Ulundhi to Illovo Beach(South Durban)
- Day 05 - Jul 22, 2019 - 227km Illovo Beach to Kokstad
- Day 06 - Jul 23, 2019 - 172km Kokstad to Port St John's
- Day 07 - Jul 24, 2019 - 320km Port St John's to Queenstown
- Day 08 - Jul 25, 2019 - 272km Queenstown to Port Alfred
- Day 09 - Jul 26, 2019 - REST DAY in Port Alfred
- Day 10 - Jul 27, 2019 - 232km Port Alfred to Jeffrey's Bay
- Day 11 - Jul 28, 2019 - 197km Jeffrey's Bay to Knysna
- Day 12 - Jul 29, 2019 - 191km Knysna to Calitzdorp
- Day 13 - Jul 30, 2019 - 268km Calitzdorp to Worcester
- Day 14 - Jul 31, 2019 - 270km Worcester to V&A Waterfront
The final ride will be far slower and 28 days in total. But this is how commited they are to seeing this project through and to take action to help educate an entire nation to shift into the digital world and clean up our planet in the process.
Well done and all the best everyone. We will introduce each of them in posts to follow.