The goals of the Long Ride To Freedom
We've set very big goals at Leaderless, the social enterprise organising this ride. The Long Ride To Freedom is one of the projects Leaderless is undertaking to help shift an entire nation's thinking into a world where we choose to use our profits for the benefit of all humanity. To manifest the vision Nelson Mandela had for our world.
The funds raised from the Long Ride To Freedom will build Innovation Villages for Social Entrepreneurial leaders who use their profits for purpose. We're going to build ten along the route following the 3000 km fiber-optic line.
We're looking for leaders who will help us build these Innovation Villages.
- Social Entrepreneurs who already have a business and know what serious grit is about. People who can build a village from the ground up.
- Ecommerce developers who will make up the initial team and are able to help build ecommerce up into Africa.
- Leaders who understand that purpose over profit is how we can help many more people in our country and deep into Africa.
- Leaders who understand that we will be able to create pretty much anything ourselves because technology is moving so fast.
Digtial Disruption Education
The goal of the Long Ride To Freedom is to stop off at ten locations and speak about digital disruption - where technology will replace any job that can be automated.
These talks will be held at town schools or town halls and will invite very specific groups of people.
- Farmers: To educate them and show them how we can use Ecommerce to bypass expensive supermarkets and clean up our planet in the process.
- Learners: To educate the learners about the kinds of jobs that will be lost to digital disruption.
- Virtual Assistants: To help the Ecommerce Forum Africa sell the Trustmark that will validate new ecommerce stores.
- Software developers: Small web agencies and Blockchain developers - to identify the leaders who will help us build these Innovation Villages.
The core message of this journey is about rebuilding Trust. We will do this in two ways.
- Ecommerce Forum Africa Trustmark - this is an electronic badge that people who sell products online, can add to their websites that tell buyers it is safe to buy from the online store they are applying to.
- Blockchain technology - we cannot imagine the world without the internet today. So too will it be in years to come when we look back and wonder how we did not have Blockchain technology to bring about trust in the internet.
The talks about jobs that will be lost and replaced will cover these two topics in depth.
Although there is a lot of cycling in South Africa, we don't have a lot of long-distance cycling happening like they do in Canada and other parts of the world.
Our goal at the Long Ride To Freedom is to open up long-distance cycling to overseas visitors who want to explore our amazing country.
We're inviting all cycling groups to...
- Encourage cycling in South Africa.
- Push government to put focus on on the adoption of cycling.
- Opening up the left-hand lane and keep this reserved for cyclists, especially for ecommerce deliveries.
- Convert unused railroad tracks into cycling tracks.
- Encourage more cycling routes in inner cities.
We're going to build interconnected villages around the world where youth and live and learn and love to regenerate our planet. To set them off on Hero With A Thousand Faces journey so they may experience different cultures and religions to open their minds and go back to their respective countries so they can implement what they have learned in their communities.
This process has already begun with an interest in Kenya, Italy, Spain, and the USA. The next steps are to raise as much funding as we possibly can and help other digital agencies build their own villages.
By 2030, we want to have connected the dots and built sustainable innovation villages following fiber-optic lines around the world.